System Sensor 2551 address smoke, which FACP?

pyrosucks

Re: System Sensor 2551 address smoke, which FACP?

Post by pyrosucks »

According to the datasheet, the 3-aadc is compatible.

http://edwardsutcfs.com/sites/default/f ... roller.pdf
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Thanks, but I think it is deeper then that.
as I have been looking into it all the System Sensor devices for the AADC card end with a "F" which I think means it has the EST protocol.

Mircom has an "A" 2551A
UTC/Edwards "F" 2551F
Secutron "B" 2551B
Harrington
FCI

from http://www.shopping.com/ - I think the below is an untrue statment, but I an not sure.
"""ITEM: System Sensor 2251 (Labeled with Secutron 2251 Label ) Addressable Smoke Detector Head. Most who know, System Sensor makes the 2251 for many companies (FCI, EST, Secutron, Mircom, and others) and labels them for each of the brands. It is the same detector, just with a different label (and interchangeable amongst panels). Its a generic smoke....that uses the System Sensor Addressable Polling Protocols). 10 Available to Bid On, Bid on Quantity You Desire. 1 Bid = 1-2251 Secutron Smoke Head.""""
pyrosucks

Post by pyrosucks »

The old system sensor addressable devices all used the same protocol to my knowledge. Its been a while but i seem to remember being able to interchange the devices/manufacturers. I know the old irc3 addressable devices work on the FSA series panels from edwards. Seems to me this controller would do what you are looking for (i assume you are replacing an existing harrington panel with a new est panel keeping the existing devices)
Leo
Site Admin

System Sensor 2551 address smoke, which FACP?

Post by Leo »

I need help finding which panels will work with a system sensor 2551 smoke
A Harrington panel HS-3400B is the FACP that is working now.
I called System Sensor and was unable to get a straight answer.
I know the modules are never the problem it is always the smoke detectors that have the different OEM communication protocols.

will the EST3 AADC card work?