Map pending in EST3

Amber

Map pending in EST3

Post by Amber »

We have one old client, he installed 15 loops and 1200 above devices. But I have programmed 14 loops but in 1 loop I'm facing problem that is -145 devices communicating in this loop but only 144 devices serial found that's why map is not start.
So help me out that how can I trace the faulty device or stat the map because of still map pending and not uploaded.

Thanks & Regards,
Amber
MartinTong

Re: Map pending in EST3

Post by MartinTong »

Amber wrote:We have one old client, he installed 15 loops and 1200 above devices. But I have programmed 14 loops but in 1 loop I'm facing problem that is -145 devices communicating in this loop but only 144 devices serial found that's why map is not start.
So help me out that how can I trace the faulty device or stat the map because of still map pending and not uploaded.

Thanks & Regards,
Amber

must qty of communicating = qty of serial then start mapping, may be 1 of devices problem
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

You have 145 devices communicating and only 144 serial numbers found......

#1-) Sometimes a detector doesn't want to map because the detector isn't seated well. IE- If when someone is installing a detector base and they over-tighten the base into the 4 inch box,
it kind of "cocks" the base. Now, when you go to simply twist the detector head into base, the connection doesn't make well...

#2-) in your SDU you can utilize the diagnostics tool during and after the new start process. IE- I used to use the "Chained" tab and info as a tool to try and give me an idea of where
the map/what device is failing. Also... you can watch the new start and mapping process in real time with the SDU diagnostic tool. I always found this helpful with advanced troubleshooting.

#3-) Another Tool I would use is to strategically one by one disconnect portions of data-loop and then try and map. IE- You said you cant get a map. If you disconnected a portion of loop.
and then you did get map, then you could assume portion of disconnected devices is most likely the issue.

But I have programmed 14 loops but in 1 loop I'm facing problem that is -145 devices communicating in this loop but only 144 devices serial found that's why map is not start.
delanil

Post by delanil »

Please follow following steps:

1. Break the loop in 2 parts and do the mapping ie. break at 72 device no . and check whether it is mapping .

2. if it maps break the loop at no . Deice no 105 and increase accordingly till it completes.

3. if mapping is not done at step 1 , break the loop at 35 and do the mapping.
4.repeat these steps and you will find faulty device easily.
Amber

Post by Amber »

thanxx...

If I found 145 serial no and 145 communicating but map still not start, then what should the process in panel for start the map.
nag1665

Post by nag1665 »

Amber wrote:thanxx...

If I found 145 serial no and 145 communicating but map still not start, then what should the process in panel for start the map.
nag1665

Post by nag1665 »

Remove loop out cables from loop card then try mapping
zuckman1

Post by zuckman1 »

if you are getting a mismatch in the actual vs expected devices and the mapping wont start, try re-initializing the loop. this way expected devices will be null and the loop will map the actuals and then upload loop, reconcile the map and send it back down.
shashishashu

Post by shashishashu »

Use Siga-MFT its really helpfull