QuickStart - service groups DOES ANYONE USE THESE

Leo
Site Admin

QuickStart - service groups DOES ANYONE USE THESE

Post by Leo »

Service Groups are worthless as far as I can see.

Does anyone use Services Groups? please tell me how you use them

I have a site with 10 CC1's activating horn/strobes, and I would like to activate a service group to disable all CC1's so I can work on the system. But that's not what a Service Group is used for, it's for testing/inspection not maintenance, but still i don't get the advantage.

Does anyone have a trick to disable 10 cc1's quickly?
FireTech

Re: QuickStart - service groups DOES ANYONE USE THESE

Post by FireTech »

1-) CREATE Service Group 129

Service Group 129 is a catch-all service group that automatically includes all devices that are not members of another service group. Service Group 129 is automatically included in the default project database when you AutoLearn the system. If you want to add Service Group 129 to the project database using the configuration utility, you do not have assign members to it but you do have to correlate it to an output group's active test response.

To add a Service Group 129:

On the Configure menu, click Correlations.

On the Correlation Configuration dialog box, click the Service Groups tab then click Add Default. A new service group is added to the service groups table at address 129.

2-) Program "Test Command" under default Service Group #129

Test command
The Test command is used to program a manual control that lets you activate a service group test.

To program a response that uses the Test command:

On the Responses tab, click Test.

In the Object Selection Form dialog box, select the service groups that you want activated, and then click OK.

A response that activates the selected service group is added to the bottom of the current set of responses.

Did that work??
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

no, it does not help
I need to disable the H/S for the mantenance guy to do services.
I think I am going to use pseudo point 0 0 2 which is first alarm, have that turn the H/S on.
Then just disable that one input point, if it works I am going to make that a standard on all QS panels.
ColinA

Post by ColinA »

I haven't used service groups but we use switches all the time to disable A/V's.

Program the general alarm output group to activate all your CC1's as a Priority Low.

Program a switch as toggle then assign an output group to it. Then program that output group to Restore your CC1's Priority High. We also add "Force Trouble" to the end of that output group.

Haven't tried it but I suppose you could also just create a service group with nothing other than your CC1's in the response tab set to Restore with Priority High. Just be sure whatever is activating the CC1's one alarm is programmed for Priority Low.