Quickstart Failures

ColinA

Quickstart Failures

Post by ColinA »

So how many of you have had the "reboot Fail" problems with your QS v1.8 panels? In the past 2-3 years I've seen a 60% fail rate on them. We have to replace the cpu when this happens, tried reprogramming but that only seems to hold for a couple days.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Quickstart Failures

Post by Leo »

The last QS I installed failed, it was V2.5 It was acting weird out of the box. I do not remember if I got Reboot fail from the panel.
Alleytom

Post by Alleytom »

Hi

I’m an alarm tech in Phoenix AZ and have had several QS (Both QS1 and QS4) panels with the same issue in the last few weeks, they display several active troubles including the following:: Reboot Fail, Call For Service, Code Supervision, Unexpected Card. When I perform a re-start through the menu the issues clear, but in at least one case they reappear within a few days. Is this indicative of the panels going bad, and has anyone else had issues with QS panels? Also, has anyone had any issues with the panels losing their programming?
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

I logged on to this web site because I have a customer that had quickstart Ver 1.8 Qs-1 panel we took over from another company. I upgraded to 2.5 codeloader 2 months ago. Over the last 2 weeks, This "Reboot Fail/Fault" has occurred. IE-- A tech goes there, restarts panel, trouble goes away, trouble then returns a day or so later.
From what I am reading from previous threads, I will have to replace CPU tommorow. Let me bitch and moan.... These Quickstart CPU's go "Bad" way too frequently. And.... Every time i have to order a Qs panel or CPU, its at LEAST a month before I get the part/panel..

Will EST RMA or take back "BAD" CPU for repair? What is the process? Just call for RMA?

Has anyone had any experiences with the QS reboot fault recently??
shabirhaneefa

Post by shabirhaneefa »

HI
QS1-CPU-1 issuitable for quick start 4 loop panel
FireTech

Re: Quickstart Reboot Failure UPDATE......

Post by FireTech »

Update.........
I spoke to tech support today. IE--- Experiencing "Reboot Fault" on Q Series Annunciator. A few things to Take Note of....

1-) EST states you have to use the SMK Accessory 24vdc power to power Q Series annunciator. (You should NOT use Aux Power on bottom of Ps-6) Aux power is used to feed Nacs.

2-) Est states To set JP2 jumper across upper two (constant) terminals on PS-6 Pwr Supply. ***If you dont set JP-2 for Constant power, Every time Reset is hit, It will Generate a "Reboot Fault" on Annunciator due to power loss.

3-) If Reboot Fault still occurs, Tech support says that the PS-6 is usually defective.

I ended up replacing the CPU (Annunciator and the PS-6 Power supply).

Finally... I believe JP-1 on the power supply needs to be set for "Enable Grd Fault Detection" when you use Smk Accessory constant power. JP-1 should be set for "Disable Grd Flt Detection" if you elect to utilize an external 24vdc power source to feed annunciator.

Notification of Case Registration (All times are GMT-0500)

Case: Getting Reboot fault on Annunciator
Case Number: 57580

Priority: Medium Status: Closed
Date: 11/03/2010 Time: 10:45:37
Created By: Jeff Vangen

Description:
Entered on 11/03/2010 at 10:45:37 CDT (GMT-0500) by Jeff Vangen:
Getting intermittant Reboot fault on Annunciator

Inspect power supply to verify power source.
Select smoke accessory power
set JP2 jumper across upper two (constant) terminals,
for service to the annunciator.